Software Developer C++ Cuda Vulkan Qt
If you are passionate about Neuroscience and you want to be part of the fUS revolution, we are looking forward to your application!
Software Developer C++ Cuda Vulkan Qt (M/F)
ICONEUS is a Paris-based start-up. A growing team (more than 30 people) is dedicated to developing and commercializing a new ultrasound-based brain imaging modality (functional ultrasound imaging or fUS). This revolutionary method allows the visualization of the brain activity with unprecedented spatio-temporal resolution and high sensitivity. Founded in 2016, ICONEUS aims to become a world leader in neuro-functional imaging.
ICONEUS offers a complete turnkey imaging system for preclinical research allowing the measurement of neuronal activation and connectivity. While maintaining its preclinical activities, ICONEUS also has ambitions to develop products dedicated to clinical use.
The ICONEUS imaging solution relies on breakthrough patented technologies developed and integrated by the ICONEUS team in a unique product. Hardware and software teams work together to make available today the best tool for brain functional imaging and tomorrow a powerful new medical device for human health.
The software is based on 20+ years of academic research and is continuously augmented with new state of the art echographic technologies. Leveraging its unique technology, Iconeus is now moving toward human clinical imaging.
In order to complete its software team, ICONEUS is hiring a C++ Software Developer to further develop the new imaging software for pre-clinical and clinical research dedicated to human brain ultrasound functional imaging.
You are passionate about C++, computer graphics, 3D rendering, but also neurosciences, MedTech and data processing.
Within the Iconeus team you will work alongside engineers, signal processing specialists, ultrasound physicists and software developers.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Participate to the development of a state of the art C++ software featuring Vulkan, Qt and bindings to Matlab code
- Contribute to the implementation of new graphical components such as dynamic 3d/2d image visualization widgets, chart viewers, and controls
- Opportunity to deal with GPU computing (CUDA) and/or Machine Learning algorithms
- Implement new moc-ups or proof of concepts for new applications proposed by our data processing specialists
- Keep the software well covered with unit testing
- Contribute to ICONEUS R&D collaborations with its various partners
- Take part in scrum meetings, collaborate with the team and ensure proper transmission and recording of progress.
- Make scientific materials for commercial and marketing purposes
- Participate in international congresses and commercial meetings
- Take responsibility for and ensure maintenance of the software components developed.
- Participate in technical documentation
- M2 in physics and/or engineering degree
- Strong capabilities in programming (modern C++) and software design (Design patterns)
- Experience in multi threading computing is a plus
- M2 in Computer Science, or related field is desired
- An experience of 2 to 4 years as a software developer would be an advantage
- Complex problem solving skills
- Independent and motivated, you have good interpersonal skills and you demonstrate team spirit and adaptability
- Comfortable with the idea of animal experimentation for medical research
Nice to have:
- Expertise in the field of computer graphics (Vulkan, CUDA) and GUIs (Qt)
- Good professional French / English
- An interest in medical imaging, neurobiology, neuroscience
- Taste for small teams and start-up working environment
- Attractiveness for technologies, innovation
- Being a driving force, making proposals and ability to argue
- Willingness to work independently and to report
- Committed to meeting team goals and deadlines
- Taste for self training and self maintain in technologies
What we can offer:
- Offices in the start-up incubator Paris Santé Innovation
- A young, dynamic and qualified team (average age 28 years – 60% PhD, 25% engineers)
- A chance to learn in a friendly atmosphere and to develop your skills throughout your contract. Most of our employees come from the academic world and are committed to the transmission of knowledge.
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural team (19 nationalities for 30 people) (computer engineers, physicists, neurobiologists, pharmacists, industrial designers, acousticians, project managers, QRAM, electrical engineers)
- Remuneration according to profile, ‘cadre’ status, Syntec, RTT, telecommuting possible 2 days per week, performance bonus, value sharing bonus, holiday bonus, telecommuting equipment allowance, forfait mobilité durable, Swile, Alan Blue, Navigo 75%.
Who you’ll work with:
- Danièle Trimarchi – Software Engineering Manager
Daniele is an avid sailor, and his academic work followed this passion, with his M.Sc. and Ph.D. being on the physics and fluid dynamics of sails. He then joined Coventor in 2012, where he worked on software for simulating microelectromechanical systems, followed by Iconeus in 2019, where he leads the software development team.
More importantly, though, he’s in charge of our compost bin, ensuring the valorization of kilos of used coffee grounds every week. He’s also a bit of a daredevil amongst Iconeus cyclists.
- Charles – Software Engineer
After obtaining his degree in Computer Science for real-time systems, Charles joined Iconeus in 2018 to focus on applying his knowledge to technical challenges.
Away from work, he’s passionate about open-source software, and is an accomplished pianist and saxophonist. He also enjoys spending time with his kitten (while planning his latest tattoos!).
- Salima – Software Engineer
Salima is passionate about medtech, and has a Masters on image interaction and virtual reality, followed by a position at the Institute of Image-Guided Surgery, working on real-time software for tracking radiation doses.
Salima joined the Software Development team at Iconeus in 2018.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender expression, social background, sexual orientation, and age or disability status. All are welcome.