Iconeus One is today the first and only fully-featured commercial acquisition system for pre-clinical functional ultrasound (fUS) imaging of brain activity and vasculature, designed and implemented by the inventors of fUS imaging for simple plug-and-play operation.
With Iconeus One you can measure neuronal activation and connectivity through the neurovascular coupling – with higher sensitivity and resolution than with BOLD-based fMRI – in behaving or in anesthetized animals.
Iconeus One draws on our patented MPW™ (multi-plane-wave) ultrasound and fUS technology. Its ultra-fast imaging frame rate, together with our highly-optimized proprietary acquisition hardware leads to ultra-high sensitivity and resolution, which enables to directly measure subtle variations in the blood volume of individual voxels in the brain.
- Real time engine: MPW™ (multi-plane-wave) technology
- Spatial resolution: 100 × 100 × 400 μm at 15 MHz
- Temporal resolution: Down to 10 ms
- Awake kits: Rat, mouse and primate
- Robotic station for head-fixed animals: 4-axis high speed motorized platform
- Capacity: 10 TB, >25 Tflops
- Dimensions: l: 809,5 × L: 971 × D: 971 × H: 650 mm
Ease of use
- No need for expertise in imaging technology
- "Plug and scan"
- User-friendly software with presets for rapid acquisition and processing
- Integrated 3D mouse brain atlas
- Compatible with other imaging modalities (EEG, optogenetics, etc.)
- Compact, wheeled imager
- On-site installation and support
- Unique microprobe design
- Awake, freely moving, resting-state and asleep conditions
- Rats, mice, birds, primates, ferrets, marmosets, guinea pigs, reptiles
Iconeus One in your lab
Fundamental neuroscience researchMultimodal insight
Pharmacology and drug discoveryBetter than BOLD
Stroke and neurovascular researchTime is brain
Our technology leverages more than 20 years of innovations in brain ultrasound imaging. Its history begins at the Langevin Institute of ESPCI Paris, where the research team led by Prof. Mickael Tanter (INSERM, ESPCI Paris, CNRS) pioneered functional ultrasound neuroimaging and produced other major breakthroughs in biomedical echography.
Since 2011, we have been working intensively with neuroscientists to carefully adapt our technology to their specific needs.
Our technology is protected by a strong patent portfolio to ensure the best quality and experience for our customers.